Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Lazy Activist's Guide To Internet Protests

Numerous websites and blogs are blacked out today in protest against the possible passage of SOPA and PROTECT IP laws. I seriously considered blacking out my page as well, but I would've had to download a back-up version of my current template and otherwise engage in tech-related stuff that generally ends in frustration of astronomical proportions and irreversible (by me, at least) and annoying changes to my template. Therefore, I am just sending you over to Kelly's place--Southern Fried Children--where you can get more information on the laws that are being considered and what you can do to help.

Google has also started an online petition against the legislation. You can find that here.

4 comments:

  1. I wondered by the google logo on my iphone had a big black bar across it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same concerns. Thus, I'm not blacked out either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I even lazier because I just copied you? Isn't that the sort of thing this legislation is supposed to stop? I don't know how to work my own blog, much less bring down the whole Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you didn't black out.

    ReplyDelete