Sunday, November 06, 2011

Oh, Now I Get It

Despite numerous efforts to fully understand the "logic" behind Daylight Saving Time (including the ones chronicled here and here), I still find it a baffling and largely insupportable practice. Apparently, I am not alone in my bafflement.

Here, the Top Three Reasons for Daylight Saving according to random people I had the pleasure of speaking with on Fall Back Day*:

3. So farmers have more daylight to harvest crops.

2. So school children do not have to walk to school in the dark.

And, my favorite by a long shot:

1. It's an evil plot developed by the Chinese to interfere with America's productivity.

*According to Second Niece's Facebook status, today qualifies as a legitimate holiday. Hence, the capitalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment