Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Who Lives In A Pineapple Under The Sea?...


Not me, but it was looking like the only option there for a while.

The source of much of my hinted-at stress for the last few months (all the way back to the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup incident and a little further) was a housing crisis. The house we've been renting for over nine years was put on the market and sold. Finding another place to live with a family as large as ours and an income as small as ours in a town as tiny as ours was not easy--and at times has seemed impossible. Things got increasingly nasty with our current landlord because we were unable to leave as quickly as she would've liked (but she was also incapable of or uneducated about doing the work of a proper eviction and relied instead on nasty phone calls and sporadic threats, which I guess I'm grateful for since it bought us some extra time).

Anyway, we're signing a lease tomorrow and will begin moving in immediately. At the moment, I'm equal parts relieved and terrified. In other words, I'm feeling pretty much normal for the first time in months.

3 comments:

  1. after nine years and all of the memories, I imagine this has been such an ordeal! Bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did it go as planned? I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hope everything went well--we've been on edge with/for you for months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so relieved that this ordeal is finally ending for you! Couldn't have happened to a nicer girl and all that mushy stuff.

    ReplyDelete